"Enbridge has a strong corporate governance culture built on integrity, accountability and transparency.”
- David A. Arledge, Chair, Enbridge Inc.
At Enbridge, corporate governance means ensuring a comprehensive system of stewardship and accountability is in place and functioning among Directors, management and employees.
Enbridge is committed to the principles of good governance, and the company employs a variety of policies, programs and practices to manage corporate governance and ensure compliance.
A few highlights of Enbridge's approach to corporate governance:
- A majority of Directors are independent.
- Every employee and Director is required to certify compliance with the company's Statement on Business Conduct.
- Directors are committed to owning shares and/or deferred stock units equivalent to two times their annual retainer.
- The Governance Committee has a process to propose nominee Directors and assess Directors on an ongoing basis.
- Committees of the Board and individual Directors can engage outside advisors at the company's expense.
The corporate governance section of this website includes information for Enbridge Inc., the Enbridge parent company based in Calgary, Canada. Alternatively, you may choose to view more information about corporate governance for Enbridge Energy Company, Inc., Enbridge (U.S.) Inc., Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P., and Enbridge Energy Management, L.L.C., all of which operate solely in the United States.