"Enbridge has a strong corporate governance culture built on integrity, accountability and transparency.”
- David A. Arledge, Chair, Enbridge Inc.
At Enbridge, corporate governance means ensuring a comprehensive system of stewardship and accountability is in place and functioning among Directors, management and employees.
Enbridge is committed to the principles of good governance, and the company employs a variety of policies, programs and practices to manage corporate governance and ensure compliance.
A few highlights of Enbridge's approach to corporate governance:
- A majority of Directors are independent.
- Every employee and Director is required to certify compliance with the company's Statement on Business Conduct.
- Directors are committed to owning shares and/or deferred stock units equivalent to two times their annual retainer.
- The Governance Committee has a process to propose nominee Directors and assess Directors on an ongoing basis.
- Committees of the Board and individual Directors can engage outside advisors at the company's expense.