Norlite Pipeline Project
The proposed 449-km Norlite Pipeline Project will ship diluent from the Enbridge Stonefell site to the Suncor East Tank farm near Fort McMurray. Diluent is a product that is used to make heavy oil lighter and easier to transport. Wherever possible, the proposed pipeline route will follow existing pipeline rights-of-way, utility corridors and road allowances to ensure minimal environmental impact. Enbridge will employ industry-proven construction techniques for each of the planned crossings such as water courses, railways, roads and other pipelines. Following regulatory and environmental approvals, we anticipate that the Norlite Pipeline Project could begin construction as early as the summer of 2015 and be complete and in-service by the spring of 2017.
The Norlite Pipeline Project includes:
- A new pipeline approximately 449km in length and up to 610mm (24 inches) in diameter to transport diluent from the Enbridge Stonefell site to the Suncor East Tank Farm;
- A new pump station with four, 3,000 HP (2,237 kW) mainline pumps at Enbridge’s Stonefell site;
- A relief system with two, 750-barrel tanks at the Stonefell Terminal;
- A relief system with one, 750-barrel tank at Suncor East Tank Farm;
- Three, 200 HP booster pumps at Stonefell Terminal.