Please modify the filters.
Rampion Offshore Wind Project
The 400-megawatt (MW) Rampion project represents Enbridge’s first foray into the offshore renewables market.
Enbridge Inc. announced in November 2015 that it had acquired a 24.9-percent stake in the Rampion project, which had been unveiled to the public in May by E.ON Climate & Renewables UK. With 116 Vestas turbines producing 3.45 MW of power apiece, the Rampion Offshore Wind Project is expected to be fully operational in 2018.
Enbridge has a well-established renewables business, and a growing expertise in wind power technology, construction and operations. Further developing this expertise through the Rampion project will position Enbridge to participate in further offshore developments.
Read our @enbridge blog posts on the Rampion Offshore Wind Project:
- Type: Wind energy project
- Status: Under construction
- Location: English Channel, 13 to 20 km south of Brighton
- Expected in-service date: 2018
- Expected capacity: 400 MW
- Expected number of turbines: 116
- Expected equivalent homes served: 315,900