New Enbridge Pays First Quarter Dividend



On June 1, 2017, Enbridge made its first common share dividend payment to shareholders as the newly combined company, post-merger with Spectra Energy.

In January 2017, Enbridge announced an increase in its quarterly common share dividend by 10% to $0.583 per share, marking the twenty-second consecutive year in which the Company has raised its dividend. On May 4, 2017, as previously contemplated, Enbridge further increased its quarterly common share dividend by approximately 5% to $0.61 per share, which in combination with the January dividend increase, provides a total increase of 15% above the prevailing quarterly rate in 2016.

Tax treatment of dividends differs for shareholders depending on their country of residence. For more information regarding how this may affect your dividend payment, please review the following sections: