NEXUS Gas Transmission
Additional pipeline transportation infrastructure is needed in the upper U.S. Midwest and eastern Canadian regions to support growing demand for clean-burning natural gas and to help offset the decline in traditional western Canadian supplies available to serve these markets.
To meet this need, the proposed NEXUS Gas Transmission (NEXUS) system will move growing, critically needed supplies of Appalachian shale gas to high-demand markets in the U.S. Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, and Chicago and Ontario, Canada.
By expanding access to natural gas in these markets, NEXUS will provide consumers across the region with affordable, cleaner-burning and domestically-abundant natural gas to help meet the growing demand for cleaner power generation, industrial and commercial use, and home heating.Visit the NEXUS Gas Transmission project website
- Type: Natural gas pipeline system
- Status: Under construction
- Peak day capacity: 1.5 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d)
- Product to be transported: Natural gas
- Expected in-service date: Late third quarter 2018
- Project partners: Enbridge Inc. and DTE Energy
- FERC docket number: CP16-22-000
- Project website: Click here