Regular examinations of the pipe, both inside and out.
2016 Northern Michigan Open House Series
The Straits of Mackinac are a treasured resource for Michigan residents. The health and protection of these waterways are essential to the vitality, the sustainability and the economic prosperity of the region—and the state of Michigan.
Safety is our top priority at Enbridge. It’s the very foundation of our business. And during the week of June 20, we’ll be taking our safety message on the road through the Great Lakes State.
From June 21 to 23, we’ll be holding a series of six public engagement events throughout Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. This open-house series will travel through Manistique, Mackinaw City, Cheboygan, Petoskey, Gaylord and Traverse City.
During these summertime BBQ events, we will listen to residents and address your questions and concerns. We'll also reinforce and demonstrate the safety that’s built into every aspect of Enbridge’s energy infrastructure, including our Line 5 pipeline.
Find out more about Enbridge’s multi-pronged approach to safety, which includes prevention, inspection, monitoring, maintenance, leak detection and emergency response. Learn more about the purpose and operation of our pipelines, and see how Enbridge protects the vital water resources of the Great Lakes while meeting Michigan’s energy needs.
With displays, visuals and various pieces of equipment on hand, these trade show-style events will feature a wide range of Enbridge and industry experts who can answer your questions on various subjects, including:
- Find out more about our additional $7-million investment in emergency response equipment, as we turn the Straits of Mackinac region into a hub of ER expertise and capabilities
- Learn about our emergency preparedness and response systems in the Straits region that we regularly test and continuously improve, alongside local first responders, emergency management officials and law enforcement
- Learn about our partnership with regional Oil Spill Response Organizations (OSRO), and the research that went into identifying this new emergency response equipment
- Find out about the Line 5 operations and maintenance activities that we use to preserve and maintain an exceptionally well-built pipeline—which has never experienced a leak at the Straits, and remains in “as-new” condition
- Learn more about our 24/7/365 monitoring program, which uses both people and high-tech computer modelling systems
- Learn how our in-line inspection (ILI) tools regularly examine Line 5, inch by inch, from the inside out
- Discover how our regular Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) and Remote Operating Vehicle (ROV) inspection programs regularly examine the Line 5 crossing and its immediate surroundings
Innovation and Technology
- Find out how we’re adapting and harnessing the latest technology in the name of safety
Multi-layered protections have maintained Line 5 safety for more than six decades.
2016 Northern Michigan Open House Schedule
|Tuesday, June 21||10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.||Manistique, MI||The Event Gym
375 Traders Point Drive
|Tuesday, June 21||5:30 to 8 p.m.||Mackinaw City, MI||Mackinaw Beach and Bay
929 S Huron Avenue
|Wednesday, June 22||10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.||Cheboygan, MI||Eagles Club
626 North Main Street
|Wednesday, June 22||5:30 to 8 p.m.||Petoskey, MI||Knights of Columbus
1106 Charlevoix Avenue
|Thursday, June 23||10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.||Gaylord, MI||Treetops Resort
3962 Wilkinson Road
|Thursday, June 23||5:30 to 8 p.m.||Traverse City, MI||Hemming Hall
13360 S W Bay Shore Drive
Contact Enbridge in Michigan
Communication is a two-way street. We want to hear from you, and address any concerns you may have about our pipeline operations. You can contact us in the following ways:
- Call us, toll free, at 1-855-869-8209;
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Write to us at:
221.5 South Washington Square
We will respond promptly to calls and e-mails.