Please modify the filters.
Calvados Offshore Wind Project
Enbridge and its partners, EDF Renewables and wpd, are developing the Calvados Offshore Wind Project off the coast of Bessin, France.
The 448-megawatt (MW) wind farm will feature 64 7-MW Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) turbines to be manufactured in France. The turbines will come from the same Quai, Joannes Couvert plant where SGRE will make turbines for our Fécamp offshore wind project.
Turbines will be located 10 kilometres off the Bessin coast, and deployed in an area of about 45 square km.
Enbridge has a 21.7% ownership stake in the Calvados Offshore Wind Project, which is expected to enter service in 2024.
- Type: Wind energy project
- Status: Under construction
- Location: Courseulles sur Mer, about 10 km off Bessin’s coast
- Expected in-service date: 2024
- Expected capacity: 448 MW
- Expected number of turbines: 64
- Expected equivalent homes served: 300,000