Bridge to a cleaner energy future
At Enbridge, our purpose is to fuel quality of life by delivering energy safely, reliably and sustainably.
Whether it’s oil, natural gas or renewable power, the energy we deliver helps to heat homes, feed families, fuel vehicles, power industry and beneﬁt society in thousands of ways. The passion and innovation of our 11,000-person team has helped Enbridge become North America’s leading energy delivery company.
Throughout our history, we’ve looked beyond the horizon to invest in modern infrastructure, resilient communities and reliable energy. We’re building a bridge to a more sustainable future by meeting energy needs today and growing our low-carbon businesses for tomorrow.
While conventional energy will continue to be needed for decades to come, Enbridge is taking a balanced approach to the energy transition.
Our networks stretch across North America and we’re modernizing our systems, expanding our footprint, and working toward our goal to be net zero by 2050. We’re taking steps big and small to reduce emissions and accelerate the energy transition, including pursuing the potential for investment of $4 billion through 2025 in renewable power and low-carbon energy solutions such as hydrogen, renewable natural gas (RNG) and carbon capture and storage (CCS).
As we grow and evolve, we’ll continue to be guided by a strong set of core values—Safety, Integrity, Respect and Inclusion—that reﬂect what is truly important to Enbridge.
Our core businesses
Enbridge plays a signiﬁcant role in the energy value chain by connecting people to the energy they need and want.
- Gas Transmission and Midstream (GTM) transports approximately 20% of the natural gas consumed in the U.S., supplying natural gas to approximately 170 million people, as well as power generation facilities across the continent.
- Gas Distribution and Storage (GDS) has more than 3.9 million metered connections in over 300 municipalities across Ontario and Quebec and supplies energy to 75% of Ontario residents.
- Liquids Pipelines (LP) transports approximately 30% of the crude oil produced in North America to 25 reﬁners, connecting producers to the best markets in the U.S. Midwest, the U.S. Gulf Coast and Eastern Canada.
- Renewable Power Generation has ownership interests in more than 48 renewable energy facilities (in operation and under construction) with 2,178 megawatts (MW) of net generation capacity—enough to meet the electricity needs of nearly one million homes.
- Enbridge’s recently formed New Energy Technologies team collaborates with each business unit to advance low-carbon energy infrastructure opportunities across the Company and build on Enbridge’s early investments in RNG, hydrogen and CCS.