2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
Record Date for Notice of Meeting: March 11, 2019
Meeting date, time and location
May 8, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. (Mountain Daylight Time)
Kensington Room, Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel
110-9th Avenue S.E.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2G 5A6
Live audio webcast
We will be broadcasting a live audio webcast of our Meeting. Be sure to check this page closer to the Meeting date for details. We will also post a recording of the Meeting on our website after we hold it.
The Meeting will be held for the following purposes:
- to receive the audited consolidated financial statements and the report of the auditors for the year ended December 31, 2018;
- to vote on: ITEM 1: election of the director nominees identified in the proxy statement to serve as directors until the close of the next annual meeting of shareholders
- to vote on: ITEM 2: appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as independent auditors of the company and authorizing the directors to set their remuneration
- to vote on: ITEM 3: approval of the Enbridge Inc. 2019 Long Term Incentive Plan and the ratification of the grants of stock options thereunder
- to vote on: ITEM 4: a non-binding advisory vote to approve the compensation of our Named Executive Officers
- to consider such other matters as may properly be brought before the Meeting or any adjournment or postponement thereof.
How to Vote:
If you held common shares at the close of business on March 11, 2019, you are entitled to attend the meeting or any adjournment and vote your common shares. Each Enbridge common share you hold represents one vote. You can attend the meeting and vote your common shares in person or you can vote by proxy.
Please see our Proxy Statement for further information.
You are a registered shareholder if you hold your common shares in your name (either a share certificate or through the direct registration system). Registered shareholders can vote by proxy by email, phone, mail or fax. Follow the instructions on your proxy form. If you are a registered shareholder and want to vote in person at the meeting, follow the instructions for “Vote in person” on your proxy form.
Beneficial (non-registered) shareholders
You are a non-registered (or beneficial) shareholder if your bank, trust company, securities broker, trustee or other financial institution (your nominee) holds your common shares for you in a nominee account. This means you do not have a physical share certificate but your common shares are recorded on the nominee’s electronic system. If you are a beneficial shareholder, follow the instructions provided by your nominee.
Attending the Meeting:
Registration will take place outside of the Kensington Room at the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, beginning at 12:30 p.m. MDT, one hour before the Meeting begins. Registered shareholders who hold their common shares in their own name in the form of a share certificate, or through the direct registration system (“DRS”) on the records of the transfer agent in electronic form, will be required to register with our registrar and transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company of Canada (“Transfer Agent”). Beneficial shareholders who hold their common shares through a broker, bank, trustee or nominee will be required to register with Broadridge Investor Communication Solutions, Inc. All shareholders should be prepared to present valid photo identification, such as a driver’s licence, passport or other government-issued identification. Cameras and recording devices will not be permitted in the Meeting. For the safety and security of all those in attendance, all bags are subject to search and you may be required to check your bag prior to being admitted into the Meeting.