1. Ensure your contact information is correct and included. Surprisingly, it’s not uncommon for job seekers to omit or make errors in phone numbers and e-mail addresses. We need to be able to connect with you!
2. Capture our interest with your cover letter. Include the job title and requisition number of the position you are applying to, as well as a brief overview of why your skills and experience are well suited to this role. If you’re applying with a previously used cover letter, remember to ensure the title, company, and position-specific details apply to this position.
3. Apply to roles that are suitable to your skills and experience. Enbridge postings include the education and experience required for each position. Make sure you’re applying to roles where your skills, experience, and education are well-suited to the position requirements.
4. Include your resume. Remember to upload your resume to our database when completing your profile.
5. Know what to include. Education, experience, career highlights, professional designations and memberships, awards, and acknowledgements will all interest a potential employer.
6. Know what to leave out. Personal details such as age, gender, and marital status are not necessary. The same is true for photos of yourself, or pictures of projects you have worked on.
7. Include dates of employment on your resume. We’re looking for your length of experience, specific to the month and year of your employment. Including only the year you started or ended a job does not provide us with enough detail.
8. Proofread your resume. Spelling, grammar, and typographical errors do matter. Using an incorrect position title or addressing your cover letter to the wrong organization will make an impression on the reader.
9. Ensure your resume is easily read. Using a particularly small or large font size, or an unusual script, does not make your resume stand out for the right reasons. Use bullet points instead of sentences and paragraphs where possible.
10. Thoroughly complete your online application. Members of our Talent Acquisition team use different methods when searching our database of resumes. By completing all requested fields, you’re ensuring that your resume will be accessible in a variety of search situations.